April 13-16, 2011 Jefferson County Fairgrounds, Madras, Oregon
This is a very fun, informative and exciting annual event. In Lynn Miller’s words, “Right from the beginning the concept was to do an event that was one part auction, one part education, one part theater, one part street market, and one part reunion. And that’s just exactly what’s occurred. I can say without reservation that we are very proud of the event. It has evolved and matured to become a thing unto itself. Thirty some odd years worth.”
What will be happening there?
- 2nd annual Jethro Tull draft horse and mule plowing competition!!!
- Horsedrawn Field Trials for new and restored implements
- Swap meet and trade fair peppered with demonstrations, clinics and meetings
- Horse market fair .
- Auction: Horsedrawn carriages, wagons and items, antiques and collectibles, harness
- Teamster Roundtable with these famous Teamsters: John Erskine, Walt Bernard, Chuck Baley, Lisa Hube, Bob Olson, Doc Hammill, moderator. Question and answer format. 6:00pm, April 13 and 14, Maccie Conroy Building.
Stop by Doc’s booth and say HELLO to Doc and Cathy! We will be playing Doc’s educational DVDs and slide shows of 2010 Workhorse Workshops. We will have available:
Doc’s 2011 Driving Workshop and Clinic Information
Doc favorite Horsemanship DVDs and Books
Safe Driving Equipment
Horsemanship and Safety handouts